“Growing Together in the Pembina Valley“WFRC Motto
The Winkler Family Resource Centre is a community-minded organization that provides free educational opportunities for families to grow and develop together.
We are here to support all parents in the Winkler area, to help their young children thrive, and to reach their full potential. This is done through free programs that focus on literacy and learning, physical health, and interactive playtime.
These programs are currently run out:
– WFRC Emmanuel Mennonite Church (Winkler)
– The Centre on Main (Plum Coulee)
We are also working on bringing programs to villages south of Winkler!
Stay tuned for updates!
- To support parents and their pre-school children by providing quality, free programs to promote healthy child development.
Our organization works at the grassroots, poised to observe young family’s daily needs and fill those voids that meet our mandate. No other organization currently has the mandate or capability to provide these services. We are not a “Day Care Centre.” We are a centre dedicated to parent/child education at the most crucial and influential point in both the child’s life and in the life-stage of a parent.
- To create resilient communities in the Pembina Valley by supporting families with young children to enhance their parenting by developing relationships with other parents and providing safe and supportive environments where all pre-school children, regardless of abilities, are engaged in learning play with their parents
The future goals of our centre are guided by the concerns raised and mean to strengthen our community by engaging families with young children, whether they have lived here all their lives, come from a different community in Canada or have recently immigrated, and whether they come from well-to-do families or those who are trying to make-ends-meet. We are pleased to be part of bringing diverse people in our community together!
What We Provide
- Free educational play-based learning opportunities for families with young children in Winkler and surrounding communities regardless of socio-economic status
- A place where parents connect with each other and share resources. Which leads directly to healthier, more stable families that become rooted in the community.
- Opportunities for parents to gain new tools and strategies through play to engage with and connect to their children throughout the day.
- A place where children can learn and explore in a new environment gaining valuable skills that are proven to promote lifelong learning.